HOW THE AUDITION/WORKSHOP PROCESS WORKS
During audition, there will be a good chance there will be more people auditioning than spots available in the organization. We want to make sure you are informed of the audition process, to keep your mind at ease, so you can fully enjoy the educational experience being offered and concentrate on your audition. Please register for the 2018 season by clicking HERE. If a section is not applicable, please enter N/A. all fields must be filled out in order to submit your registration
ENJOY THE ROYAL CAVALIERS AUDITION!
– Attend the audition and enjoy your time! Come prepared with a positive attitude, meet new people, and take in as much information as you can during the audition process.
– At The Royal Cavaliers we do not utilize a traditional “cut” system when auditioning members.
We believe each participant should fully enjoy the audition process. At the end of the audition process, you will meet with an instructor and be given a number rating of 1, 2, or 3.
1. You are ready to become a member of Royal Cavaliers, start planning your season!
2. You have potential, we would like to see you work on certain aspects of your performance!
3. You’re not quite ready yet to be a Royal Cavaliers just yet. You will be given instruction and advice on which areas to improve on as well as recommendations on how and where to better your overall performance. We would like to see you at our next audition with the necessary adjustments made. For information on the WGI Winds activity please visit the WGI Winds FAQ page by clicking HERE
Q: How will I be evaluated during my audition?
During your audition, you will be evaluated on and will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
1. A desire to be in the organization. A great attitude and the ability to take instruction are invaluable.
2. The skills required to be in the organization.
3. Commitment to the rehearsal schedule. You need to be in attendance.
4. Ability to pay tuition. We strive to keep our tuition lower than most other organization, but we need your commitment to meet your financial obligation in a timely manner.
BECOMING A ROYAL CAVALIER
-If you receive a contract please make sure you sign and return all forms as soon as possible!
-Make sure to being paying your dues and tuition! Information on tuition is provided below in our fees section.
-Plan to attend every camp.
– Meeting new people, and performing!
The Royal Cavaliers and all other independent organizations rely on a number of sources to get down the road and operate efficiently. Donations, fundraisers, and members fees are just a few ways the organization raises money for it’s operations. All member fees and tuition combines only covers about 90% of expenses during a tour, so it’s important that all fees are paid in a timely manner!
DUES & TUITION
All tuition and dues go directly to the Royal Cavaliers operations. Listed Below are the fees for each ensemble:
– WGI Finals includes: RT airfare, lodging, ground transportation, and rehearsal site.
– Tuition payment deadlines will be reviewed during the audition and contracting process.
– All fees are nonrefundable once a contract has been offered. Partial fee refunds are available to members needing to terminate their contract due to injury.
– Payments can be made via cash, check, and credit card at a camp or online
Q: Should I bring my own equipment or instrument?
Color Guard – Yes.
Percussion – Yes. The organization instruments will be utilized during auditions but still will not be enough to cover everyone attending.
Brass & Woodwinds – Yes, you are encouraged to bring your own instrument and mouthpiece. Organization owned instruments are not issued out until the camps when contracts will be executed. Woodwinds will supply their own instrument.
Q: What should I wear to audition/camps?
Please be sure to wear and bring athletic type clothing and shoes during your time at auditions and camps. This will help for mobility during any stretch exercises and visual portions of the auditions and camps. Please avoid bringing jeans or other clothing that may be restraining. For those auditioning for a color guard position, they are encourage to wear black comfortable clothing that can used for dance and movement.
Q: Does Royal Cavaliers provide transportation to auditions, camps and local shows?
No. you are responsible for your travel arrangements for auditions, camps and local shows.
During this time the organization will learn and rehearse the season’s production. Every minute of
these camp weeks is valuable. This is when individuals from different parts of the area become one
world class cohesive unit.
Q: Where do participants stay during a Royal Cavaliers Camp?
For overnight camps, all members will be staying, sleeping, rehearsing, showering, and eating at the facility selected for the camp. Members will sleep in the large room / gymnasium of the facility and shower in the facility ‘s locker rooms. When Camps are not overnight, members shall make arrangements to stay with a local member.
Q: Do I need to attend all camps?
It is required to attend all camps. To be considered for the 2016 Royal Cavaliers Edition all members
must attend all rehearsals and camps.
Q: Where do my camp fees go towards?
Camp fees help with organization operations during the camp weekends. They help:
Rent the facilities used during camp weekends.
Purchase food for the meals provided to all members during the camp.
Provide the funds necessary for the organization to continue operating.
We welcome all those who are interested, to audition. While we would like to accept all applicants
who auditions, there are a few eligibility guidelines that the Royal Cavaliers Performing arts follow:
All applicants under the age of 18 must have their parent’s permission to become a member
Applicants who still have an outstanding balance with another organization may not become a
member of Royal Cavaliers until their balance is paid off.
Most parents not familiar with the drum organization activity have a number of questions, especially
first timers. This page is designed to answer questions that you may have about the organization
activity. Your son or daughter will have a positive lifetime experience at The Royal Cavaliers. The
season will be challenging but the end result will be phenomenal.
HEALTH & EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
At The Royal Cavaliers Organization, the safety and well-being of every individual is very important to
us and is always a priority.
Dietary needs: We record all member’s dietary needs and allergies. With this information we make
sure to prepare meals that fit their diet. If you have a member that has a special dietary need and
know of any affordable and easy recipes, please make sure to contact our kitchen staff at the
beginning of the summer.
Emergency situations: All Royal Cavaliers staff, member leaders, and administration are taught and
given information on how to handle every type of emergency situation that might occur. In case of a
medical emergency all of our member’s medical and guardian contact information is listed and kept
by the administrative team. Parents will be contacted immediately in case of an emergency.
VISITING & VOLUNTEERING
All Royal Cavaliers rehearsals are open to the public, unless otherwise stated. Come enjoy visiting
the organization and spend time with your child after a performance or during a break. When visiting
the organization realize that the gym sleeping area and vehicles are the performers “home” so we ask
for that all parents and visitor please stay out of these areas as a courtesy to our other members and
Our volunteers are considered members and are a crucial part of the organization. Almost all of our
volunteers are parents or former parents of an organization member. To sign up to volunteer during
the camps and for more information please visit our website.